CLASS XXXII TIME COMMITMENT
Before applying to Scottsdale Leadership, candidates should carefully consider the significance and importance of the time commitment. Class members are expected to attend all mandatory program days and must attend a total of 12 days in order to graduate. Additional time is required for project work, special events and attendance at a city council meeting.
Class days are approximately every other Friday between September and April; there is one Thursday class- State Government Day. With the exception of Orientation and Graduation, classes are from 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Class members will plan informal networking opportunities to follow each program day.
- Orientation Evening Meeting: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 (Mandatory Attendance)
- September 22, 2017 (Mandatory Attendance)
- October 6 & 20, 2017
- November 3 & 17, 2017
- December 1, 2017
- December 15, 2017 – Scottsdale Leadership Luncheon from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (Participation not required)
- January 12 & 26, 2018
- February 9 & 22 (Thursday), 2018
- March 2 & 16, 2018
- April 6 & 20, 2018
- Social Services
- Sustainability & Stewardship
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Emerging Research & Technologies
- Scottsdale History
- Community Safety
- Art & Local Treasures
- City Government
- State Government
- Youth & Education
- Local Infrastructure
- Leadership Emerging
Scottsdale Leadership reserves the right to change this schedule.
TUITION & SCHOLARSHIPS
The tuition for the 2017-2018 Scottsdale Leadership Core Program is $2,800 and is non-refundable. If selected to participate in the program, a non-refundable deposit of $1,400 is due by July 31, 2017 in order to secure your place in the class; the remaining balance of $1,400 is due on August 31, 2017.
Tuition covers only a portion of the Core Program’s actual cost. Scottsdale Leadership depends on contributions from businesses and community organizations to fund its programs.
- 14 Core Program class days held throughout the Valley led by highly sought-after facilitators and experts
- A seat at Scottsdale Leadership’s Annual Spirit of Community Leadership Awards Luncheon
- Leadership Development modules led by trained facilitators
- Emergenetics™ Leadership profile assessment; an individualized guide to your Emergenetics profile; mobile app and leadership workshop
- Food and refreshments for breakfast, lunch and breaks
- Welcome Reception (September) and Graduation ceremony (April)
- Bus transportation for behind-the-scenes tours at various community organizations and venues during specific class days
- Opportunities to meet and connect with Scottsdale Leadership Alumni, elected officials and stakeholders
- Class materials to further your community involvement and professional development goals
- A transformative experience that will connect you with nearly 1,100 like-minded Scottsdale Leadership alumni
In addition to tuition, there will be other expenses (i.e. class fundraising/fun fines) paid by participants throughout the program year.