Scottsdale Leadership relies on its working Board of Directors and Committee Members to ensure the success of the organization.
Re-engage with Scottsdale Leadership. Your talents are valued. WE NEED YOU!
Scottsdale Leadership has a number of working committees that contribute to our mission of informing, inspiring and empowering leaders to champion and strengthen the interests of the community. If you’ve been looking to get more involved with Scottsdale Leadership, this is your chance. Typically, committees meet once a month and require a commitment of just a few hours each month.
CORE PROGRAM COMMITTEE- Merle Riepe, Class 30- Chair
- Help recruit Day Chairs and Lead It Forward advisors
- Help obtain/vet Lead It Forward community proposals and review team project proposals
- Evaluate program to see if topic days are relevant – suggest changes for future program year
- Identify Leadership Development Models and find facilitators/presenters
CORE PROGRAM – DAY CHAIR
- Participate in a topic day as a Day Chair or Speaker/Panelist (with administrative approval)
CORE PROGRAM – LEAD IT FORWARD ADVISOR
- Provide guidance to a project team. Help set realistic project scope. Encourage courageous communication.
CORE PROGRAM – PARTNER
- Financial or In-kind support of a class day, breakfast and/or lunch, or SL event (individual/corporate partner benefits available)
ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT COMMITTEE– Suzee Smith-Everhard, Class 29- Chair
- Organize and implement annual alumni donations drive
- Work with Alumni Events committee on strategies
ALUMNI EVENTS COMMITTEE– Karolyn Kiburz, Class 23- Chair
- Plan and implement year-round “behind the scenes” programs and events to engage alumni with SL and community needs
- Work with Alumni Engagement committee on strategies
COMMUNITY EVENTS COMMITTEE– Deidra Viberg, Class 29- Chair
- Spirit of Community Leadership Awards Luncheon Committee – December 2017
Help plan and implement the Spirit of Community Leadership Awards Luncheon, a fundraising event. Meetings will be underway in early summer.
- Lead It Forward Presentations & Graduation – April 20, 2018
Provide leadership to plan and implement Project Lead it Forward Class Day and the evening Graduation reception.
CORPORATE OUTREACH COMMITTEE– Darin Shebesta, Class 28- Chair
- Make personal calls on organizations with staff/board members for sponsorship or Class candidate requests
- Work with board on strategic plan for overall fundraising and earned income goals
- Identify and engage corporations, community organizations and foundations to build relationships that result in new and increased cash sponsorships
- Develop and implement creative ways to thank and follow up with corporate and business sponsors to encourage their ongoing support
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE– Kate Gibson, Class 30- Chair
- Develop and implement PR/Marketing support for specific initiatives and events
- Sit on Community, Alumni Engagement and Core Program committees to implement PR and Marketing needs
- Recruit needed pro-bono services (design, print, advertising, photography, etc.)
- Write and/or recruit writers and strategize content for articles, news releases, and social media
OUTREACH & RECRUITMENT COMMITTEE– Kevin Maxwell, Class 29- Chair
- Work in conjunction with Corporate Outreach Committee to visit organizations and businesses to promote value of Scottsdale Leadership to our community and its employees resulting in new candidates for Class 32 and possible sponsorship support
- Organize Applicants Reception, Applicants Breakfast and applicant interviews
Interested in joining a committee? Sign up now!