Leadership in Action! Volunteer Opportunities just for YOU!
Come join the fun and re-engage with Scottsdale Leadership! We have numerous opportunities for you to be involved in many different ways. Your talents are valued. We WANT you!! Scottsdale Leadership has many working committees that contribute to our mission of informing, inspiring and empowering leaders to champion and strengthen the interests of our community. Are you looking for a way to have some fun and make a difference at the same time? Would you like to make more connections with alumni? We have some tremendous opportunities for you. Committees normally meet once a month and require a commitment of just a few hours each month.
Alumni Engagement Committee
- Work with Alumni Events committee to provide fun and unique opportunities
- Implement strategic goals of alumni giving opportunities
- Identify matching employer opportunities
- Organize class reunions in conjunction with each Class Representative
- Recognize our alumni in a number of ways
Alumni Events Committee
- Plan and execute year-round “behind-the-scenes” programs and events to engage alumni with community and Scottsdale Leadership needs
- Assist in class reunions
- Work with Alumni Engagement Committee to provide fun and unique opportunities
Community Events Committee
- Spirit of Community Leadership Awards Luncheon Committee – help plan and implement our largest fundraising event that honors community leaders, alumni leaders and youth leaders.
- Parada del Sol – join the fun as we create our participation in the annual Parada del Sol! It is part of our unique Scottsdale community and a chance to showcase our leadership.
- Town Halls and Forum – help Scottsdale Leadership provide the opportunity for issues to be presented in an educational and factual way so that are community can be an educated voter!
Core Program Committee
- Help plan our class days in conjunction with Day Chairs to provide leadership learning at its finest!
- Project Lead It Forward Presentation and Graduation – help plan and implement Project Lead It Forward class Day and our evening Graduation Reception.
- Research leadership organizational trends for program relevancy
Core Program – Day Chair
- Have a passion for a certain topic? This is your chance to participate in a topic day as a Day Chair (need 2-3 for each Day)
- Be a speaker or panelist (with administrative approval) or connect our Day Chairs to dynamic and relevant speakers
Core Program – Partner
- Be a financial or in-kind partner of a class day, breakfast and/or lunch, or a Scottsdale Leadership event
- Individual and corporate partnerships available on many levels of opportunity
Corporate Outreach Committee
- Identify and engage corporations, community organizations and foundations to build relationships that result in new and increased revenue sponsorships
- Work with the Board of Directors on our strategic plan for overall fundraising and earned income goals
- Make personal calls on organizations with staff and Board members for potential class members and partnerships
- Develop and implement creative ways to foster thanks and support to our corporate and business partners
Marketing Communications Committee (or should it be Marketing and PR Committee)
- Develop and implement cutting edge Marketing and PR support for specific events and initiatives
- Participate with Community Events, Alumni Engagement and Core Program Committees to implement strategic PR and Marketing needs
- Recruit in-kind services (design, print, advertising, photography, etc.)
- Write and/or recruit writers and strategize content for articles, news released and social media
Outreach & Recruitment Committee
- Recruit our finest applicants and future Scottsdale Leadership’s next class!
- Work in conjunction with Corporate Outreach Committee to visit businesses and organizations to promote the value of Scottsdale Leadership to our community and their employees
- Assist in organizing our Applicant’s Reception, Applicant’s Breakfast and applicant interviews
You may sign up NOW to join a committee by clicking Here!
Other ways to engage:
Be a Mentor!
- Offer your wisdom and experiences by mentoring a new Class Member from September through April
- Or, offer your wisdom and experience by mentoring an existing dues giving alumni that might have changed industries, or have new opportunities that could be enhanced by your guidance!
Be a PLIF Group Advisor!
- Offer guidance and assistance to one of our many Project Lead It Forward groups that work on a sustainable project that benefits our community
- Project are from December through April and commence at the PLIF Showcase and Graduation at the end of our program